Friday, September 28, 2012

School this week

So, yeah, this is the only picture I took of our school stuff this week. Pretty sad. We continue doing her reading program that mainly targets phonics and she is doing quite well. We are also starting in on sight words. I find a reader that uses some sight words and then we work on those sight words for several days until she knows them. 

This game was roll to the top. Basically I put her sight words in the cube thing and she and I rolled a word, read it and marked it on the chart. Whichever word got to the top first, won. We also used letter tiles to spell out her words.



We've been doing handwriting, which she's fine with. Thank god, my kids at school always hated handwriting. 

We also are reading a chapter book. I am so excited about this. There are so many great children's chapter books and I can't wait to start on the good stuff. We're reading the Magic Tree House series because it's a great place to start. She definitely seems to be able to follow the story. We review what we previously read and then read the next chapter and she's been doing well and seems interested. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment