Sunday, September 18, 2016

I am so behind! Part 2

I had wanted to put Maggie in a group piano class. Her piano teacher actually suggested it and I agree. Maggie is so social. The only time she EVER gets in trouble in any of her classes is for talking to the other kids. And she loves the opportunity to be around other kids. So I thought a group class might be better for her.
I asked my homeschooling FB groups if they knew of any piano group classes in the area and they suggested Mansfield Music Place. It is fantastic! They offer piano, theater, and comedy classes for Maggie's age. I gave her the choice and she chose comedy. Surprise!
She loves it! I can't watch the class so it was hard to get to clear a description of what happened but it's definitely game-based. She told me about a game called, Kitty in the Corner, where you have to make eye contact. So. There you go. She has a monologue she's working on from You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown. She's Sally and she's so excited about it.
I'm actually thinking about adding piano too. It's super expensive and of course, more time requirements but I love the place and think she would enjoy it.
We're going to one of our homeschool group's play dates. It's at River Legacy park. Maggie and Ella made a friend last week. She's 8 years old and lives very close to the house we're trying to get. Hooray!
Other than that, we've been trying to go on lots of walks. Maggie still complains but I love it. 
Ruby is walking up a storm. She's so darn cute. It's so funny. I feel like our days revolve around but then there's not much to write. She's just so sweet and cute and funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment