Sunday, October 1, 2017

Seizure

So Ruby had a seizure. I think. We were in the car driving back from Keller. I had to have a fasting blood test and we were near our house. Ruby was laughing and singing, rain, rain, go away over and over again. And suddenly it was quiet. I assumed she had fallen asleep so I asked Maggie but Maggie said her eyes were open. I reached back and touched her face and nothing. I started shaking her and still nothing. No sound. No movement. I was panicked. I was on the highway and at first I thought I'd go to the hospital Laurie used to work at but then I thought I just need to pull over and then I can call an ambulance. I got off the highway and parked. This whole time Maggie and I are screaming and Maggie's shaking her. I turned around and shook Ruby and then jumped out to go around to get her. As I was going to the other side, I heard her make a noise. I opened the door and she looked very dazed. She said, I scared Mama. 
I grabbed her and held her and after a few minutes, everything was fine. I decided to take her to an emergency clinic. We drove to one right by our house and they couldn't find anything. I called her doctor and they wanted us to bring her in so we drove to Flower Mound to do that. They couldn't see anything and because she was up and talking and laughing, they decided not to do anything invasive but start with an EEG. 
We went and got the EEG and it was awful. I mean, it wasn't at all. But seeing her on the little bed with a million wires attached to her was horrifying. It came back normal. 
Nothing else has happened. No further episodes or anything at all. 
The one strange thing is that our neighbor's (across the street) one year old son had a seizure in June. Our next door neighbor's two year old son had seizures in July and August. Both of their EEGs were normal. I put a post on Nextdoor asking if anyone had had anything like that and four other kids, at least two older adults, and multiple pets have had unexplained seizures. Seems quite suspicious. I have talked to lots of people in health departments and gotten mostly nowhere. Only one person even thought maybe he could look into it. He took our information and got my neighbors' phone numbers but I haven't heard from him since.
I guess Ruby is fine. I certainly hope so. 









Spot's a pomeranian. I never would have guessed. I didn't even know they were black. But a little fatter and less fuzzy and that's Spot.
Ruby helping Grandpa make our compost bin.
This poor little guy was in our yard a couple of times. THANKS BE TO GOD, I kept stupid Spot from murdering him. Although, I'm not sure he was doing so well seeing as he was out in the day. I gave him some water and cat food and last same him about 15 feet up my huge tree. Godspeed, little man.
And then ducks! This is our neighbor (across the street)'s yard. Just chilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment