Thursday, August 18, 2022

Update 7

There was some kind of special night thing at my school. 










Kinder did a big Thanksgiving feast. Then, for Christmas, they did green pancakes and we watched The Grinch and I think there was also the book fair that night.



Story time! Kiyah and Jereise had family friend who was willing to take them so they left, quite suddenly. It was truly awful. I tried to just have a normal day the next day but I couldn't stop crying and, as soon as school started, I got a message from Ms. White that Ruby was hysterically crying and she couldn't understand her well enough to know what was happening. I went and got both girls and Ruby and I just cried all day. Then a couple of weeks later, I was walking Ruby up to school and I bumped into a kid, I turned to say sorry AND IT WAS JEREISE. Turns out the family friend lives right behind Mary Moore and they never left the school. What are the chances? How many elementary schools are there in Arlington, in Fort Worth, in DFW. That they would end up at the same one! I saw them a million times. I could ask how they were. I met their foster mom, who they call Granny. 







This is Maggie's first band recital. She wouldn't let me invite anyone because she was nervous, so it was just Ruby and I there. 


Another story. Ruby told me she wants a whole stack of babies. I, of course, found that hilarious. So now if she wants to make me laugh, she just says stack. She's so funny. We'll be in bed and she'll say, well I'll need to get a minivan and I'll have a job so can you watch my babies while I work. We're getting the details ironed out right now!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment