Thursday, March 11, 2010

March 11

Today I heard you in your room before I went and got you. You were running your hands (I guess) across the slats of your crib like a prisoner. You were talking the second I walked in the door. You are always so excited to be awake and start your day. Good Lord if I could only steal just a little of your energy.

I had Open House night at my school today so I had an hour and a half to burn before I went back up to the school. Thank goodness Nana lives about 10 minutes from my work so I can just go over there during any long breaks. You were so happy and showing me all of your toys and books. We played and laughed. You called me silly which cracks me up.

You tried to steal my food. You tricked me into getting you more food, which you refused to eat. You didn't want more of your food, you just wanted some of my food.

You were also pretty tired. I put you down for a nap and then turned on what I thought was the noise maker. After about 15-20 minutes of silence, we heard you in there and I went in got you. That's when I realized I had turned on a little space heater (to high!) that was blowing right on you. No wonder you couldn't sleep. Sorry about that.

Now you are in bed asleep and I didn't get to put you there. Your Daddy came and got you and he brought you home and put you to bed. I hate missing your night routine. We "clean" up your toys (we're sort of just now kinda learning), brush your teeth, wash your face, get in jammies and a clean diaper, read books, sing and rock. I don't know when this goes away but I don't want miss any of it because I will so miss it when it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment