Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March 3

I took you to the park for the first time today. It was quite fun. For the first 10 or 15 minutes I squatted on the ground with you in my arms. You were standing but you had your arms around me and I had my arms around you. And you just watched everything that was happening. Then you would take a step away and then come back. We did that a few times and then you were fine.

You ran around. You didn't go on any of the equipment or socialize with any of the kids but boy did you have fun. You just ran in circles and yelled and looked at everything. You did try to steal a donut from a little boy. His mom offered you the donut but I declined. As your Dad said,"We don't want to encourage thievery."

When it was time to go you were unhappy. You cried,"Grass, grass." I guess you wanted to play in the grass more.

You are still quite the sock terrorist. Every afternoon you strip your socks off. Today I just reached in to the back seat and asked for the socks. You handed them over although you seemed a little upset about it.

You are so sweet. You come up to me and tell me something, I'm never quite sure what. Well sometimes it's clear, sometimes not so much. Your little face is always so happy and loving.

We have invented a couple of games. One is for you to make a sound and then I quickly imitate it. And then you smile at me and make a little face so I know you are about to make a sound again. You get so excited to play and give me these sly little looks.

In another game you bring me a green toy that can be wound up and will buzz. You hand me the toy and say, "Thank you." I say, "Thank you," wind it up and toss it across the floor. Sometimes you go retrieve (once it's stopped buzzing) it and bring it back and we start over.

In another game we look for your toys by calling for them, "Elmo? Where are you?" or "Hippo?" We walk all through the house and call for your toys. You think this is so funny.

You are trying to learn your ABCs. For not quite 18 months you do pretty well and you are always excited to try. You love to sing Rock-a-bye baby and Rain, rain, go away. I love it when you sing.

You also love to dance. Any time any music comes on, even for a minute, you dance. You kinda float your arms around and twirl and bounce squat.

Basically my dear you are perfect. I love you. I love you. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment