Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tuesday

Another fabulous day. We went on another walk this morning. Again, no little girls or kitty cats but lots of sunshine and a perfect breeze.

Maggie got out of bed when I did (she usually sleeps in for a while after I get up). While we were brushing our teeth, she yawned and I teased her, "Are you still sleepy?" She said no it's just a morning yawn. I'm just letting a little air out.

I've been meaning to write about this newest Maggie-ism. Her new thing is 60 million. It's her way of quantifying anything. "I want 60 million cookies." "Is it 60 million hot?" "Scratch my back 60 million soft." I'm not sure where she came up with that particular number but it's so funny.

Also if the bath is too hot, she yells, "It's too spicy!"

We built a castle today out of cardboard. Then she drew a ton of people and I had to cut them all out. We cut doors and made a bed, sheets and pillows. I took a bunch of pictures but left my camera at Kandice and Jeremiah's house. I'll try to upload them tomorrow.

Nana and Gran came over for dinner this evening. Maggie was so excited about that. We had a very nice time. Well Nana did get slightly mauled by Roscoe. He actually drew blood; I was shocked but sure to tell her that he's Laurie's dog.

Despite yawning a lot and sucking her fingers and laying in Nana's lap, she had a bit of a hard time going to sleep. She wanted this and that, she wanted me to rub/scratch her back, to tell her stories. At one point she said Mom, let's make funny faces at each other. I had my eyes closed and kind of muttered, in the morning. After a couple of minutes she said, Mom, this is gonna be a good one with a funny noise; you better look. How do you not laugh at that?

No comments:

Post a Comment