Thursday, June 2, 2016

Week from Hell!!!

One night, I was putting the finishing touches on a home study that was due the next morning. I had my cup of soup next to me and Maggie on the other side. I went to get a bite of soup and thought I saw a bug on my hand. I panicked and THREW the cup of soup. It went all over me, Maggie, the couch, the floor, and. . . my computer. :(

I turned it off and started cleaning everything off. After I had cleaned it, I went to turn it back on and nothing. Mark knows a lot about computers (and Macs) so I texted and he spent an hour on the phone with me telling me try this, try that. Unfortunately nothing worked. So the next morning I called Apple Support. They couldn't do anything. They tried to get me an appointment with Apple store people but there were no appointments. But because I had a home study due right then she told me to just do a walk in and wait for someone to help me. So I packed up my computer and the girls and headed to Southlake. We stood there for almost two hours waiting for someone to be available. And then it took the guy about 5 minutes to tell me he couldn't do anything. And it would either cost $750 to fix my computer. Or $850 for a new computer. Hahahahahahahaha! So I went to a Best Buy and bought a PC for less than $200. But I still didn't have any of my work stuff because no one could get my computer to turn on. But then the next morning, on a whim, I tried to turn the computer on again and it came on. But the keyboard didn't work. So I packed it and my girls up and we went back to Best Buy. This time I bought a $10 keyboard and $5 thumb drive and was able to get ALL my documents off my computer. Woohoo!

AND!!! Mark still had his old Mac, which he gave me! So now I have a Mac again (there's a reason PCs are so inexpensive). 
Then I got some home studies and asked the girls' babysitter if she was available and she told me she doesn't want to babysit on evenings and weekends anymore. But, because everyone in the household has to be home when I do the home study, that's when I have to schedule the vast majority of home studies. So I was freaking out. I have to work and I can't stand the idea of switching babysitters constantly. That's so hard on children and brutal for babies. 

I can't even remember why but I thought to ask Aunt Susie if she might be interested in regularly watching the girls and she was/is. :) She needs to be able to be at home more and more and this way she doesn't have to leave the house and can get some moula. PLUS! The girls are with family who love them. 




Then! Poor Ruby Dooby started throwing up. She couldn't keep anything down. Of course, I wasn't even trying solids, but she threw up after nursing too. I just kept nursing her over and over until she could keep it down. But she was floppy like a rag doll and her skin was grayish. It was very scary but it didn't last too long. I kept in very close contact with Laurie and called the nurse line at their pediatrician. 

So, yeah, all those things happened back to back in a matter of days. They were all pretty awful but thank God for wonderful family!!! Any time I have a bunch of bad stuff happen, I'm reminded of how lucky I am to have such a great family.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you were able to use the Mac Carrie! Looking forward to you and the girls visiting.

    ReplyDelete