Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Innoring

Did I write about how I cut Ruby off from me going into her room at night? Well, I did. The first night was unpleasant but then, the past three night, not a peep. I keep talking to her about it and we review. She's started asking me, what will you do if I knock? And I tell her I will innore her. 

We have a new system so she knows when it's okay to get up. She used to have an expensive clock that glowed green it was okay for her to get up. Unfortunately, it was in Ruby's room, which resulted in it getting messed up. She messed with the time and I think she got it to go off in the middle of the night. So, that didn't work. Now, when I get up, I turn on the hallway light so she can see the light under her door and know it's okay to get up.

I planned a vacation for Portland. It's for October. God willing, by that point, Covid is a horrible memory and not still surging. Fingers crossed. 

Covid appears to be going away. Vaccines have been pushed hard and we seem to be getting enough people vaccinated before the new variants take over. I just want this nightmare to be over.

The weirdest thing happened. Ruby and I were sitting outside. Millie and Honey were running back and forth with our neighbor dogs. They look like LaRue except big. One is white and one is black and white. Then suddenly they were small. I seriously thought I was having a stroke. I could not compute what I was seeing. First it was the white dog. Just smaller and then the black and white one came up and was smaller. The big dogs were gone. It wasn't like there was suddenly four dogs. The big ones disappeared and smaller, identical ones were there. In one minute. I guess they were different dogs and they let the first two out, then brought them back in, and let two different (but identical, expect smaller) dogs out. 

My first thought was that maybe they had shaved the dogs but they were too much smaller. Plus I feel certain it takes longer than one minute to shave a dog. 

Luckily, Ruby saw it too. It was crazy. It was so perplexing I texted my neighbor and asked her about it. She said it was four different dogs, two little and two big. 

No comments:

Post a Comment