Monday, March 8, 2021

Update

Ruby and I were hanging out and she was drawing. She came over to show me and it was lots of people. She pointed to one and said, that's you. I had a baby in my tummy, so I asked her, is that baby Maggie or baby Ruby? She said, neither, it's Ella. I said, Ella wasn't in my tummy, she was in Aunt Laurie's tummy. Ruby thought and said, no you just didn't like her so you gave her to Aunt Laurie. 

She came up with another story and used the word expensive again and again I asked her what it meant. This time she said it means she loves me. 

Ruby is always telling me about her super powers. She tells me she knows what everyone is thinking, that she is the most powerful person in the world, that she can run really fast. Good stuff.

Maggie uses this app called Discord. On it, she can text, call, or video call anyone she is friends with. She had a half-day on Monday and I wanted to know when she got home, etc and we were looking for her Kindle, but then I said, can I just friend you on Discord? So I got the app, set up my profile, and friended her? It is fantastic. As soon as she gets home, she is texting me. She texted about how it took her 15 minutes to get inside because a moth was on the door and then it touched her and she screamed but not so loud the neighbors came to check on her. I mean guys, you can't get this stuff just anywhere. I love it. She's so funny. 

Thursday and Friday were hard mornings. Both girls were a mess. I kept calling Maggie to get up and I finally I actually went into her room and woke her up and she immediately started crying and asking me not to send her. The worst. But we've missed so much school because of all the Covid crap. She didn't have any obvious signs of illness. I told her I would get her McDonald's for dinner and it was almost the weekend. It was no fun. 

That afternoon when she got home, she texted me her McDonald's order: 20 piece chicken nuggets, quarter pounder, fish fillet, and 4-6 cookies. Ha!

Ruby was also a mess. She got super mad at me about something. Hmmm. . . oh right because I brushed her hair before she could brush her teeth and she didn't want to do things in that order. And, for the first time ever, she screamed that she hated me. She brought it up several times that afternoon and the next day. I told her I forgave her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment