Friday, November 11, 2022

Halloween

 We had Halloween. We were supposed to carve pumpkins on Saturday at Laurie's house, but Jilli had a fever, so we skipped it. We went trick or treating on Monday with Grandpa and Joanne. It was very nice. The weather was perfect. 

I am SOOOOOOO proud of Maggie. She brought every one of her grades up. She got all As and Bs. I have been telling her as often as she'll listen how proud I am of her. I know it's hard for her. 

I have a lock on my closet door (that's where I hide anything like presents or Halloween candy). After I put the Halloween candy in there, Ruby kept getting it open. I changed the passcode two or three times and she kept getting it open. I could not figure it out. I really thought she was figuring it out (I mean it was only a week or so ago that she used the Amazon passcode to buy a movie). But finally I figured out, the door wasn't locking, no matter what. I was seeing whether or not the lock turned green or red but not just trying it. So, yeah. That closet is filled with Christmas presents but I moved the candy. Hopefully, that'll keep Ruby out.

Maggie was really mean to Ruby one morning, so that afternoon, I told her no more. I told her if you hit or otherwise hurt her, you lose the iPad for two days. If you are ugly/cruel to her, you lose it for a day. And that was it. She has been quite kind to her since then. Occasionally, I have to warn her but it's mostly better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment