Thursday, February 15, 2024

Updates and old pictures

I decided I don't want to keep physical pictures, for the most part, anymore. Since I print all these into book form, I figure that's plenty. It feels very weird. Gran might be as well, because he's been sending me picture too.

Alan, Scott, Laurie, and Bobby
This was Thanksgiving 2012. Look at those teeny (now) big girls. 
Maggie driving! We went to a birthday party at Dyno-Rock. It's a long drive so I drove there and was going to have her drive home. I had a whole plan so it wouldn't be too overwhelming. Unfortunately, there was major traffic the way I had planned so we had to go the other way. The other way included a full loopty-loop and accelerating onto Green Oaks. It was scary but she did it and I was very proud of her. Her driving is improving by leaps and bounds. It is so much less nerve-wracking. 
Baby Maggie at Mamaw's house.




Our Maine vacation






We are so busy!!! Do other people get all the things done? We practice driving, Ruby has reading, spelling, and math homework, they both have chores, baths, and night hygiene. And Ruby takes swim twice a week. It feels impossible to get all of that done every night. We do our best.

Ruby is getting bored while I work on Saturdays, which, unsurprisingly, is leading to issues. She cut a massive hole in the fabric on one of my living room chairs. I'm not sure what to do. I signed her up once a month for lots of Saturday classes but I'm not sure how else to keep her busy. I wonder if any of the bigger kids in the neighborhood would babysit her. Maggie won't interact or actually watch her beyond keeping her alive (which I'm very grateful for).

Ruby's in three UIL groups: story telling, creative writing, and chess. Swim is going well. I'm trying to sign her up for lots of activities to keep her busy. 

Oh! She lost two more teeth. I'm sure I have lots of pictures of that coming up.

Maggie! Her driving has improved by leaps and bounds. Truly, I can't believe how quickly and how much she has improved. This is such a fun phase. We laugh and joke and have real talks. She got in a solid burn: we were in the car, she was driving, and my music was playing. The song was All My Rowdy Friends by Hank Williams Jr. and he sings the line, "nobody wants to get drunk and get loud," and I said, "awww. . . I like to get drunk and get loud," and Maggie, without skipping a beat, said, "we know." Ha!

Also! She agreed to watch Scream with me. I don't remember how it got brought up but she wants to watch it. We're supposed to do it this weekend. I'm excited!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment