Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Still January

 That's Honey Bear waiting for my apple core. It's the little things.

Poor Honey had a cut on her eye! 
I had Natasha euthanized. It was awful but it was time. I hate this part but if you're going to foster senior dogs, this is just going to be a part of it. 
This is the mess she left on my bathroom walls. 

Ruby's teacher sent me a message last week that Ruby had been horrible. She had been screaming just to scream, running around, etc. Just out of control. I freaked out, trying to figure what on Earth happened. I started mindfulness with her (it's basically the only thing that research has shown speeds up the development of the prefrontal cortex). I made a doctor's appointment to look into upping her dosage of medicine. I started looking for an ADHD skills program or therapist. Then, on Sunday, I texted her teacher to ask about the spelling list. She wrote me back and said that Ruby had a great Friday and had told her that the reason she'd been so bad the other days was because she wasn't taking her meds but instead hiding them in her room. I searched her room and didn't find anything so then I just asked her and she said yes but she was putting them under the fridge. Why??? Because she didn't like the yogurt she was taking her pills with. Are you kidding me???????? I mean, problem solved but my goodness. What a weirdo!
Ruby loves these masks. They're just sheets that are soaked in whatever. She looks very, "Hello Clarice."
Iconic!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment