Monday, June 15, 2009

Coming Home

This was taken as soon as we got home. I went straight to bed because you were fast asleep and Aunt Laurie and your Daddy I guess just stared at what a beautiful baby you were. You woke up around 11pm (we got home at 8:30pm) and nursed. It's funny even though we had things "prepared" for your arrival, I remember a sense of having no idea what to do with you. Where would you sleep? Who would watch you every second? It was so. . . huge. Overwhelming but not with a sense of helplessness. More like complete terror. It's funny to me that something so small can cause grown adults fear unlike anything most have ever felt. I was so grateful to Laurie during the first few days. I couldn't walk upright or pick things up for a few days and your Dad and Aunt Laurie helped with everything. And Aunt Laurie completely organized your room. Unfortunately I never got the whole nesting thing.Your Dad calls this picture "Puddle of Baby." You are so stinkin' cute.

Not really sure what happened here but this is seriously one of my all-time favorite pictures. It's like you lost all control of your face. You crossed your eyes a lot but I'm not sure about the rest of it. If you can make a face like that and still be adorable, you must be pretty darn cute.

You liked pacifiers for a little while but not for very long. I don't think we even have any anymore. But your swing. Oh you loved that swing. For the first several weeks of your life that swing was were you slept. All night. You liked it there and we didn't want to mess things up so we left you there. Eventually I put you in a bassinet in your room and then into your crib but that swing was a life saver (or sleep saver, I guess).

There was a lot of this. And for whatever reason your Dad loved to get pictures of you crying. His reasoning was that it wasn't historically accurate to only have pictures of you not-crying. Which ok, I guess. Plus you never knew when it was going to happen. You'd be fine, then crying, then fine, then hungry, sleepy, dirty, no clue, no clue, no clue. Sometimes I really don't know how we managed to keep you alive and thriving even.

No comments:

Post a Comment