Thursday, May 31, 2012

Our Day

We started off with our reading program. It was so much better this time than last time. THANK GOD!!! She did really well and only gave me flak a couple of times. 

I wanted her to start tracing her name so I made a sheet with her name written in bold, big letters and made it light gray (couldn't do broken lines).


Then she copied. I could not believe how well she did. She has absolutely no practice with tracing and she did great. I did hand-over-hand for the first letter and she did the rest on her own. WOW!



I made this last night. I wanted to work on name recognition in a fun way. I just wrote her name in the top half of the egg carton and she matched her magnetic letters to the written letters. Then I had her spell her name.



I bought this game for Maggie's 3rd birthday. It's pretty simple. She is really just trying to figure out how to actually play a game (taking turns, understanding the various rules) so she didn't really get the concept of winning, although ironically, she did win. There are so many great educational games. I have a pack of cards and I plan on teaching her go fish, war, solitaire. What else?




This is a pattern block template. I did a caterpillar since I couldn't find one of an ant. She was very interested in this. I honestly am not sure what the point of this is but I see them in every Kinder classroom's math center so. . . 



After this we did our yoga video and by we, I mean me. She still isn't too interested but I so want her to do yoga; I think it's the best exercise you can do for your body, your mind, etc. But so far she doesn't like having to do what they do on the screen. So far, my strategy has been to do the video by myself and let her join in as she wants to. Hopefully, she'll continue getting interested and actually do it. If not, eh, at least I get to do yoga every day.

After yoga and lunch we went and visited Aunt Laurie, Ella and Grandpa. The girls are so cute together. We're going back over tomorrow to watch Ella while her Mommy and Daddy go out. We're going to try a carpet picnic-type thing, where we lay down and watch movies. It should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment