Thursday, February 7, 2013

Last Tuesday through today

Last Tuesday, Maggie, Ella, Aunt Laurie, Grandpa and Grandmo went to the Fort Worth Stock Show. I didn't go because I didn't think Jake could handle being awake and in such a loud, busy place for so long. Here's Maggie "keeping the bunnies warm."


Here's Ella hugging a baby goat. Seriously, it doesn't get much cuter than that.



School has been great. Maggie seems to really enjoy her classes. Although she isn't too interested in talking about them. Luckily I can peek in or just ask the other moms.

Last week we were doing a lesson on Martin Luther King, Jr. and I was trying to explain that people with black skin couldn't do the same things as people with white skin. Kyrie said, "Well, I have white skin, so that's okay." Ha!

Maggie informed me that Jake gave her a wedgie on her arm. I have no idea what that means.

Maggie decided she is okay with The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Although I'm not sure she really understands what's happening. I'm thinking about shelving it for awhile and trying a chapter book that's easier for her to follow.

Tumbling is still going well. She loves the class and always looks forward to going. She has definitely decided she has no interest in ballet. I'm not sure what to think of that but I'm not going to make her go.

Maggie has been asking for a haircut forever so I set up a time when we could go visit Jan and cut Maggie's hair. The night before, while I was brushing her hair post-bath, I asked her how much hair she wanted cut off and she freaked out. She said she didn't want it cut. Then later she told me again. And the next day at Jan's she confirmed she didn't want it cut. She wouldn't even let Jan trim it (I think she was afraid we would cut it anyway). So, no hair cut.

Jan has a piano/keyboard in her living room and Maggie loved playing it. When I told her it was time to go, she said, "Let me play my goodbye song."

We were driving to Grandpa's house and Maggie said, "Mommy, look, that person has their Christmas lights all tangled in their bushes and they can't get them out. We need to go knock on his door and help him."

She also told me that a little boy in our homeschool co-op has a dumb face so she doesn't talk to him. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment