Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Blergh but also, beautiful

We are so busy. Between my work, Maggie's school and activities, Ruby's aversion to sleep, and just general upkeep of a life (cooking, cleaning, errands, car maintenance, doctor and dentist appointments, etc, etc), it's kinda crazy here.

Ruby's sleep is still ridiculous although I feel like we are moving in the right direction. She usually gets one "good" (1 1/2 hours) nap a day. AND she doesn't always have to be resettled at the 30-minute mark. She sleeps through that in her long nap, usually. She's still tired most of the time and gets dark circles under her eyes. I think the problem is that she is a ridiculously light sleeper and so when she hits those points in her sleep cycle where she's in a light sleep, any little thing wakes her up. And then she's up. It's almost impossible to get her back down. BUT, we keep plugging away. Someday, folks, this child will sleep.

I'm working now and it's nice. I do love my work so that helps tremendously. Plus it's hugely flexible and I do over half the work at home and schedule the other half when it's convenient for me and my girlies. I mean, truly, this job is the dream. If their Dad or my Dad can't watch the girls while I'm at my home studies, they stay with their new babysitter, Celesta. She has four kids but the oldest two are at school during the day. Maggie loves it, which makes me happy. Ruby even took a nap there. Whoa.




Guess who needs glasses? AGAIN? For a whole new issue??? This time she needs reading glasses because she is now officially farsighted. According to the doctor, this won't go away and she'll probably need reading glasses for the rest of her life (or contacts, when she's older). Maggie was quite excited this time to pick out glasses and keeps asking me when they'll be ready. We'll see how it goes once they're here. Although she was always pretty good about wearing her glasses. I just can't believe with two parents with perfect vision, she has had such trouble.

She also went to the dentist and her teeth were perfect. They want her to start flossing (or rather, they would have preferred we started flossing as soon as she had two teeth). However, after diligent research, I have decided flossing is bad for the environment so no thanks. And really isn't that a better excuse than Jeff's (flossing was invented by Communists)?

Also, she has one loose tooth (top, center) and they said she's got three more that will be loose soon. 

Maggie is doing much better in all things as we've gotten back into the swing of things. We are doing school regularly and stick to our lists. We are eating our meals at the table (versus me scarfing something down in the kitchen and Maggie eating while staring glassy-eyed at the TV). I'm planning on writing a post detailing her current school stuff so stay tuned for that excitement. ;)

Oh, Maggie did get mad at me the other day (I was probably, unfairly, forcing her to do something horrible, like brush her teeth) and she said, Mama Louise Neal! Oh Maggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment