Friday, January 8, 2021

Catching up in the new year

Ruby likes youtube now so we have no youtube allowed time. I hate it! Why do they love it when we have Disney Plus and HBO and Netflix and Hulu???

My drawer front just broke off. Ugh!


This is Millie. Here's the story. So I was checking Craigslist for bassets because they don't only show up in shelters. A lady had a boy basset that she wanted to rehome for $5. You are supposed to ask for a small amount of money to rehome because that means bad people will usually not get them. 

The lady was in Oklahoma. Unfortunately, because of the holidays and Covid, my rescue group's ability to transport is lacking. But I found someone who could pick the dog up. She got there and the lady wanted $500! I told her no way, we're a rescue. So she said never mind. 

Then the next morning she messaged me that her husband wanted the dog to go to a rescue and we could have him. Oh and also her friend had a girl basset and wanted to get rid of her too. I told her we would take any dogs she had. So I found another lady from another basset rescue who lived in Oklahoma and she went and picked them up.
The dogs were in horrible shape. The girls was bone thin and lactating and they both stunk like hell and were just filthy. She was so concerned with how bad they looked she took them straight to her vet. I contacted the people again to find why the girl was lactating. They said her family went on vacation and when they got back she was pregnant but all four puppies died. When the vet did surgery on her there was still stuff in there (probably contributing to the awful smell) so they cleared all that out and gave her medicine to dry up her milk. It's probably because she's quite young and too young to have been pregnant.

The boy dog was mean which was concerning. But finally after almost two days at the vet, they were able to go to Donna's house. Once she got the boy home (now named Sampson), he became sweet. I'm sure he was just scared. We agreed that I would take the girl and her rescue would keep Sampson. Maggie named her Millie. 

I had to drive up there on Saturday and Laurie came and watched the girls. Apparently, it was a cluster of kids screaming and fighting, Sav barking and stealing food, and just general mayhem. Laurie was done. Ruby told her Dad on Christmas morning, aunt Laurie said I hate that f*cking dog! Ha! 

So now Millie is living with us. I love her. She's a pain because she's a puppy. I doubt she's even a year old. She's gained weight and she loves to play. Sav is sometimes down to play but she lets her know when she's not. 

I don't know what this is. Maggie drew it and took the pictures of it.
Maggie is on the phone (well, not phone, they talk through an app but the idea is the same) as often as I let her with her friend Aliyah. This is Aliyah and her two sisters who I guess she talks to as well.
Happy basset pictures. Not Millie.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment