Monday, July 5, 2021

Fourth of July

 Ruby taking selfies.



My fat girl, taking a nap.
We had quite a weekend. Laurie and I had plans for Friday night and her babysitter cancelled. So, we brought her girls to my house so my babysitter could watch all the kids. Then the kids begged to do a sleepover. So, for the first time, all four girls had a sleepover. Guess how much sleep they got? If you guessed, less than 3 hours, you are correct. I last remember yelling at them at 3:46 am. But they mostly were quiet and I figured this is what memories are made of. We all slept in until 9-ish. Then at noon-ish we met Laurie at Lazy Dog for brunch.
The food was eh but their french fries are worth dying for. Please believe me when I say these fries are the best fries I have ever eaten. 
Saturday, I went and picked up Laurie's kids at 8 pm from Sally's house. Thankfully, it occurred to Sally that kids cannot possibly go TWO hours without food so she packed us snacks. The only thing the girls fought about was snacks: should we eat them now? Let's save them! She took a bigger bite!
However, other than that, I can't imagine how this could have been better. The weather was absolutely perfect. The kids didn't fight or whine or anything. They played nicely. They loved the fireworks. Incidentally, this was Ruby's first time seeing fireworks. 

Then Sunday, I picked up Laurie's girls and she picked up boxes for me and we met at Jeff's house to swim. Laurie didn't want to cook so we ordered pizza. It took forever but was good.




Guessing game: what did Ruby forget???



No comments:

Post a Comment