Thursday, July 1, 2021

What else is new?

Lots of new stuff. One, I am getting licensed to adopt. I have wanted to adopt children since I was a kid. I'm not sure where I got the idea but it has been a goal always. I kept putting it off for one reason or another and then, at some point, I decided I would do it when Ruby consistently slept through the night and I paid off all my bad debt. Well those things both came this spring. 

Because I'm adopting, I need a bigger house. This house is perfect for the three of us but add an extra kid or two and it's too much. So! We're moving. The market is insane right now. I was able to sell my house in less than 24 hours at a $100k profit. Not bad. Now we'll sit in a rental either until the market gets less crazy or one year, whichever is shorter. This rental house is the only one at all in our area that is reasonable and takes pets. Unbelievable that we got it!

I also changed jobs. I love my other job but I wanted something closer and less hours. The actual work day was 9 hours, before the commute. It was a long day! In a regular ISD the day is 8 hours. So, I'm in Kennedale, which is less than 4 miles from the rental. Woohoo!!!

So, I guess that's it. I graduate with my master's in December. Maggie starts JUNIOR HIGH in the fall. Ruby will start Kindergarten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment