Tuesday, May 30, 2023

School's out for summer

 Maggie and her friends. I'm pretty sure this is her last day of school. They all hung out and watched movies. Grandpa was kind enough to shuttle them from the school to Jack in the Box to Walgreen's to one of their houses. Kids. . . 

Rickon had to go. They said it's resource guarding. In the beginning, it was just food but then his definition of what he needed to guard kept expanding. I was afraid my kids would be holding something that he would decide he needed to guard and attack one of them. He got Millie and put a hole in her ear. I know he could do more damage and he was holding back but it's not a risk I'm willing to take with my kids. He went to stay at one of the rescue's trainer's house. They are going to train him so he can still be adopted. When he wasn't being scary or mean, he really was a sweet guy. I will not miss the shedding. You cannot believe how much this guy shed. 
I had to get fingerprinted for my social work license. But this one had to be done in ink. So I went to the police department to get it done. I was texting with Maggie as I waited and, on a whim, grabbed a picture of them. I told Maggie I was in trouble. She was texting me all caps, WHAT DID YOU DO? So, I told her I was arrested and I needed her to ask Grandpa if he could come bail me out. I laughed so hard. I really am one of the funniest people I know. Maggie thought it was markedly less funny. She told me Grandpa is mad! And Ruby is crying! I'm still laughing. 


Ruby's last day of school, I think.

So, Ruby likes to brush her own hair because she says I'm too rough. Which is fine. But every so often I brush it to make sure she's getting everything. I went to brush and found a big knot behind her ear. She said, no! I'll get it, let me work on it. And foolishly, I agreed. She came back not 2 minutes later and said, okay mom check now. Can you guess??? She cut the thing out and then thought I wouldn't notice. That picture is the chunk of hair she cut out. Ruby!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment