Monday, April 15, 2024

March

Ruby told me that she got in a fight with her classmate because her classmate did not believe something she said. Ruby said that if all the lights went out, we could see the Milky Way. This comes from Maggie saying if there were a way to make all lights go off, the stars would be amazing. Either way, the point is Ruby said the kid told her her sister had lied to her and Ruby was indignant. She said, I told her my sister does not lie. She is the truth!

We were at Erin's getting our hair cut. Erin had a ton of Easter candy around and somehow we got to talking about how I don't like candy. Then, out of the blue, I said, well I do like that strawberry candy where the wrapper looks like a strawberry. I have not seen one of those candies in at least a decade. I know because I usually eat one when I can because I almost never see them. As I'm saying that I like them, Ruby just hands me one!!! It turned out Erin had one in a candy bowl, which Ruby happened to have looked at and noticed that specific candy. Then, I happened to mention that specific candy and describe it visually so Ruby knew what I was talking about. THEN!!! The next day, Ruby was outside playing with her friends. They play after school. The neighbor girl is the teacher and today, for the first time ever, she decided to bring candy as rewards and gave Ruby. . . one of those strawberry candies, which she brought in to me. 

Ruby came into my room last night. I noticed she had her head down and then came and laid her head on my bed and kind of mumbled, I forgot to tell you I got a folder sign today. I kind of sighed and said ok, what happened? And she popped her head up and said, April Fools! She totally got me. 

I take Maggie on monthly just us dates. As in, no Ruby. For March, we went to a cat cafe. It was so much better than the one we went to last time AND much closer. So, we got there and we're kinda looking around and Maggie says, I can't tell if that's a real cat or a toy. I scoff and look closer and after a few minutes (mostly because of my mind going, no effing way), I realize it is a real cat that is dead and has been stuffed. I mean. . . Looking around, there appeared to be a painting of this cat alive in a very similar chair and another water color of the same cat so I'm guessing it was a beloved cat but wow. 
There's Smiley and her stupid nose that she is constantly rubbing the skin off of. She gets super excited when the neighbor dogs bark at her and somehow scratches the skin right off that nose. I keep telling her there's going to be no nose left. 
Ruby at school
This came up from my old pictures. Look at Jillian's fake smile (you can just hear someone yelling, Jillian smile at the camera). They are so little and cute.
I got Ruby these conversation cards for Christmas. One night, the question was something about what words describe you and Ruby said, unfortunately Mom I am unable to answer this because of a surprise for you at school. And there it is! Ruby is funny, nice, caring, and helpful. 
That's her fraction art.
This is the project she did on Helen Keller! Look at that! She wrote that entire paper (all of her rough drafts are stapled behind the final one) and typed it up. I cannot believe how good this was and that it was done by a second grader!!!
That's Honey Bear laying next to my bed. I love her so much!!!

Another old picture. I remember hearing that baby Ruby was obsessed with that little dog and carried him around everywhere. You can tell by his dead eyes. Also, every baby picture of Ruby includes a huge bruise!
This is Maggie and my date at the cat place. So the front is set up for playing games (we played Mexican bingo and had so much fun). Maggie messed up once (we had switched how you could win) and I was a little afraid she was going to get taken out (some people were betting money and were not happy to start over). She did also win a round, which I did not. 
Then, we'd take 15 minute breaks and go in the back (which was HUGE) and filled with cats. It was such a cool place. 
This guy was so handsome. I love a dumb looking cat. He had his own room and the name Houdini so I'm guessing he's an escape risk. 



Cat heaven
King (or queen) of the castle 








No comments:

Post a Comment