Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Last week

Dear Mom,

I'm going on a very long journey. I will miss you. I have to go visit Grandmo in Africa. We had a very busy day. Bye. I love you.

That's a letter she wrote me (sort of) and read to me. Hilarious.

We were in the car, driving to go visit Nana and Gran for the day and listening to Little House on the Prairie audiobook. All the sudden Maggie yells, Mommy, we have to go get the bulldog. I have no clue what she's talking about. So she tells me, Jack (the Ingalls' dog in Little House), we have to go get Jack. I ask her why and she tells me, We have to go get Jack for Grandmo so she won't be sad about Molly.

Two things, one, I am almost positive Jack is NOT a bulldog. I've always pictured him as a pit bull but I think the only description that's ever given is that he's brindle with green eyes (ha, I just googled it and he is described as. . . a brindle bulldog). So I have no clue why she decided he was a bulldog. Two, I about died. Seriously, isn't that the sweetest, kindest thing ever. I didn't have the heart to tell her Jack was long dead.

A couple of weeks ago I made Mags some oatmeal and put some cinnamon in it. She insisted she wanted a bowl of cinnamon to eat by itself. I told her several times I didn't think she'd like it but she was adamant. You can imagine how this went right?

She took a full tablespoon of cinnamon and shoved it in her mouth. Her eyes got huge and she started coughing out clouds of cinnamon and yelling and spitting into the sink.


We went to the FW Science and History museum a week or so ago and right before we got there she announced she was hungry. Of course she was; we'd just spent 5 hours at home with me offering her soup, pancakes, mac and cheese, oatmeal, pizza, etc and her saying no, she's not hungry.

Anyway, we were planning on watching an Omni movie so I got her some popcorn and candy. She picked out Whoppers and loved them. After the movie, we went back to the children's area and played for a while and then went to Kandice and Jeremiah's house to drop off Jake. When we got there Maggie handed me her Whopper box, which had one remaining Whopper, and said, Here Mommy, I wanted you to have this last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment