Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tuesday

When Maggie was 2 1/2 or 3, we had called her Grandma so she could talk on the phone to her. At one point, Maggie said to her, ok, now put Grandmo on. I guess she thought everyone she loved must be available on the other side of the phone. 

Yesterday, while listening to Little House on the Prairie, Maggie asked if we could listen to the first book (Little House in the Big Woods) again. I found it and we put it in. We haven't listened to it since at least Christmas. In the first chapter, Laura describes Jack as a brindle bulldog! How did she remember that!

This morning I woke up very early, around 5am. So I got up and cleaned and did some work. When Maggie got up, she came downstairs and laid down across me and asked me to scratch her back. It was so sweet.

After a while, we did reading and got ready and left for Nana and Gran's house. She also packed a bag. She took her owl lunchbox and put the most random mix of toys/objects. It was so cute. Maggie had us put on a talent show (although I think she was kind of finnicky about who did what and how--or at least what I did).

Then we went and got Jake and went to the library. I got her a bunch of comic books. It just occurred to me that since she's so into superhero shows she might like comics too. We'll see.


After we bothered everyone in the library, we went to McDonald's play area where it's totally cool to be really loud. :) She made several friends and had lots of fun.

When we got in the car, it was very hot and Maggie yelled, Oh, it's so thick in here. Then she stopped a minute and said, thick starts with th. Smart girl!

Once we got back to Kandice's house, she wanted to draw some more. She made a huge drawing with hearts and her name in several places and asked if she could mail it to her Grandma. I told her we were going there on Saturday but she said she wanted to send it sooner so Grandma "knows I love her." So sweet.

She is very into drawing right now. I love it. There are papers everywhere, filled with pictures. If she can't find paper, she has been known to go get envelopes out of the recycling bin. And if you ask, she'll tell you all about what's going on. Last week she drew mountains with trampolines between them so kids could jump from mountain to mountain and if they fell, they would just jump back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment