Monday, November 21, 2016

Week in the Life: Day 2

Ruby slept better last night. Unfortunately I had set my alarm for 7, which woke us up. I guess it's not such a bad thing to get up but it felt bad at 7 am. Yesterday, I was quite tired. And it doesn't help that Ruby naps during the sleepiest part of the day (~3-5ish) and I let Maggie watch screens if I nap, so she's always saying to me, Mommy you are so tired, just lay down and take a nap. Which seems like a bad idea to have that incentive for Maggie but when Ruby never slept and naps were like it for me getting ANY sleep, she would bother me when I was sleeping. Even now, she'll wake me up to show me something her youtuber did in Minecraft. Lucky for her, I don't react like a drunken hobo being woken up by being peed on by a dog. Ahem.

These pictures are when Maggie and Ruby went to Grandpa's house while I worked. 
Ruby and I came out to the living room. I changed her clothes and diaper and got her some breakfast which she is usually quite insistent about but she hasn't eaten much this morning. She's an unpredictable child, for sure. Right now she's playing with the dog. I've been trying to read her more books. She got several baby books for her birthday and she finds them hilarious. They have puppets and flaps and textures, which she loves.

She looks so suspicious here. I feel like she wants to demand a royal taster.
At 9 am, we went and woke up Maggie. Maggie made the bed while I straightened up the room, bathroom, and closet. Then we went into the kitchen. I made breakfast, filled up our waters, and cleaned the kitchen. Same breakfast. Ruby ate eggs but not nearly as much as she usually does. She just seems blah. She's not sleeping well either. 
I laid her down around 10 am and laid down on the couch. I woke up to Ruby crying and realized I'd slept TWO HOURS!!! Good Lord, I felt like I was dead. And, as much as I needed the sleep, it's thrown my whole day off. Ugh. I didn't get to exercise or get work done during that nap and once Ruby was awake, she wanted LOTS of attention. Joanne stopped by and played with the girls for a few minutes. Then we had lunch and played until around 2. Then I went to meet with one of my kiddos for his therapy.

This is our first trip to our local park. It's 0.7 miles from our house. :-)
On the way home I got a loaf of bread, then made a big pot of tomato soup. Yum! Arlene, the girls' babysitter, said Ruby had been chewing HARD on a toy and she checked and Ruby has a tooth breaking through! Of course. Poor thing. I put my finger in her mouth and felt it immediately. 
Ruby loves bread and soup so we sat down and I tore her off little pieces of bread dipped in soup. She was happy. At bedtime, I gave her a half dose of Tylenol and put her in warm pj's so her little toes wouldn't get cold. Hopefully she'll sleep better tonight. 
I found Maggie's Kindle in her room. Which, as an aside, is ridiculous. When you first glance, it looks clean, but everything that can hold anything is stuffed with crap. Papers, toys, pieces of papers, pieces of toys, etc. I can see her being the star of a hoarder episode one day. 
Anyway, I downloaded our library site on her Kindle so she can listen to her books when I don't want to give up my phone. She listened to the entire rest of her Lemony Snickett book. I'm not sure why I didn't think of this sooner.
Now we're just kind of chilling out. I already feel sleepy. And after a long nap, oy vey.

Speaking of napping. . . Also, when the hell is Ruby going to sleep like a human being! She's 14 months old!!! 
Mommy's little tornado got stuck.

She turned around and whacked her forehead on the laundry room door. Right on the edge. It swelled up fast but the next day, we could barely see it. Odd.


No comments:

Post a Comment