Sunday, November 27, 2016

Week in the Life: Day 3

Well, I skipped some days but I'm back! We had a lovely Thanksgiving, which I'll write about soon.

Ruby slept great last night. She does not like sleeping anywhere but at home. We got up bright (or not so bright) and early, came out to the living room, turned off the alarm and all the porch lights, let Spot out, and changed Ruby's clothes and diaper. Then we went to the kitchen, started coffee, and got Ruby some breakfast. She's having cheese for first breakfast. We read Kitten's First Full Moon, which Ruby found hilarious.

This is Maggie and the pumpkin. She never finished it. She kept insisting that I do it because she was afraid she would mess it up. She got some of it done but I wish she would have finished it. Hopefully next year. . . 
I woke Maggie up at 8:30 because we had to go get groceries. We listened to Brains On! while we drove. As soon as we got home, I started breakfast. While we ate, I read history, Narnia, and Berenstain Bears. Ruby went down for her nap and I had to take care of the cats. Richard asked me to watch his dogs while he went out of town about a month ago. Turns out, they had fleas. First I just ran and bought some cheap monthly preventative and big shocker, that didn't work. Or at least not for Greenlea, who is definitely getting the worst of it. So then I got Capstar, which worked quickly and amazingly. Unfortunately, you can't just do Capstar because that works for a few days and it kills everything but fleas can survive without hosts on other things (like the dog bed) for 10 days so they came back. This time, I did a Capstar for all three of them and put on flea collars to keep the fleas off of them. I also sprayed all the furniture and carpets and vacuumed (with a flea collar in the cannister to kill any bugs in there). I also washed everything that could go in the washing machine. They are definitely all off the pets and god willing, everywhere else.
We made cookies and notes for all of our neighbors when we moved in. Oh, we have so many great neighbors. The people across the street have an 8 year old that Maggie plays with quite often. There are also neighbors down the street with 8-, 5-, and 1-year old boys that homeschool!!! And the mom's name is Cari. 
Ruby loves to stand on this chair and rock it. I just make her do it on the carpet only. She loves to push things around (her chair, laundry baskets, trash cans, etc) so it can end up on hard floor and that would be a nasty fall. 
After that, I had to make work phone calls and in the middle of that, Ruby woke up. Once she was up, I decided this might be my only chance to exercise so I did. Maggie exercised with me and was so inspired she had me record her making an exercise/yoga ("whatever you want") video. I'll try to post it on Facebook. It was quite funny. After exercising, we read more books. Ruby was so tired and I had a hard time keeping her up even three hours. Once she went down for her afternoon nap, I did my yoga. And then just laid around. I think the bug killer made me feel crappy.
Once Ruby woke up, I started making chili. Aunt Susie came over for dinner. I put Ruby down at her normal time but she threw a fit. I had given her an earlier dinner but I guess it was too early because I pulled her out and she ate an entire bowl of chili. Oops.

We voted, of course. 



No comments:

Post a Comment