Sunday, November 27, 2016

Week in the Life: Day 4 AND Halloween

Ruby did not sleep so great last night. Boo! We got up early and came out. I turned off the alarm, turned off the porch lights, let Spot out, and changed Ruby's clothes and diaper. Then I got coffee and some berries and water for her. I finished up our Advent stuff. I decided to do all the same things we do every year but I printed each activity on paper and put them in paper bags so Maggie can open one every day to see what we're doing. Everything is scheduled now and ready to go.

While Ruby ate, I also cleaned the kitchen. Once she was done eating, I let her down to run around and did some work. At 9, we went and woke up Maggie. I made her make the bed. Then we headed to the kitchen to make breakfast. Maggie got to open our first Advent bag. Decorate the house. 
This is Maggie's foot after a fire ant bite and possibly dropping something on it. Laurie insists it couldn't have gotten this bad from just the bite. But she definitely had a bite so I don't know.


Mommy's sweet little pumpkin. Everyone came to my house for Halloween. The girls drew on pumpkins with sharpies and had dinner. 


While Ruby napped, I made Maggie do her morning list and some school work. I exercised, cleaned, and made work calls. After only an hour (!!!!), Ruby woke up. I told Maggie everything she had left before we could decorate the house. She complained A LOT but did it. I played with, sang to, and read to Ruby. Finally we got out all of our decorations and started decorating. I have pictures. It would be smart to put this in a post with those pictures but no way I'm going through that mess. Sorry. We put the tree and all the decorations and rearranged the baby fence to protect it from our little tornado. We hung the wreath and set our all of our little items. Maggie is thrilled.
A little while later, Maggie went to our neighbor's house to play with her friend Dessie. I took Ruby for a bath. While we were in there, Maggie came back and said she needed a snack. So I got Ruby and I dressed and came and made Maggie a snack. She took two bites and ran back out. I laid Ruby down and started yoga but then Maggie and Dessie came over here to play. So I cleaned some more and worked.
Ruby getting her first Halloween candy.

Jeff did make-up.

Another pumpkin!





We all went trick or treating. 

After Dessie went home, I finished yoga. Maggie helped corral Ruby so she wouldn't tackle me. Then Richard came over and hung out with the girls. Then Grandpa and Joanne came over with dinner. It was busy.
Ruby has discovered her belly button and she pulls up her shirt over and over to touch it. Every time she's so surprised to find it. I got her to say, ho, ho, ho a few times but never when anyone else was around and, of course, she never lets me record.
After dinner, we played and watched Home Alone. Best Christmas movie ever. 




No comments:

Post a Comment