Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Farewell, Puddles

Monday

Ruby is sleeping great. She's still pooping liquid, but this seems to have zero effect on her. Monday night the girls took a shower together. First, there was much meanness and fighting but then they were happy and played nicely.

Maggie and I read Harry Potter.

It's funny I bought weighted blankets for me and Ruby because we both have trouble with sleeping. And it has helped but, of course, Maggie is obsessed with my blanket. She says it's like a hug. So now I have to buy her a weighted blanket.
Tuesday

Another great sleep night.

We did the big yearly doctor appointment today. I picked up the girls around 1 or so and we went to Dr. Roopani. Ruby has a new thing where she tells Maggie, stop innerupping (interrupting) me! But it's basically any time Maggie speaks. Oh we went back and forth. Ruby would get so upset and say she wanted to talk and Maggie would get mad. Then everything was fine.

The girls are getting along so much better. Sometimes they play together and are sweet and it warms my heart.

At the appointment! So I went first and the doctor wanted to check my back. She said the problem is definitely that my muscles in my hips and butt are so tight they are hurting my lower back. But why??? Why still? I'm stretching every day. Why is this now a problem? What changed?

Ruby did great. She can see and hear and understood much more of what they wanted her to do this year. Dr. Roopani was concerned with how often Ruby gets sick. She asked if she gets sick more than six times a year. Ha! She's been sick more than six times since school started. She said if it continues she might get her tested for allergies or something. It is perplexing to me. She gets sick a lot.

Maggie did great. She refused to let the doctor look below her belt but we respected that. She shamed me about eating habits. I really have given up but I guess you're not supposed to that.

Then! Oh dear, then came the shots. Maggie immediately freaked out. I told her to stop, because she was going to scare Ruby. Ruby went first and was a little shocked but fine. Then it was Maggie's turn. She was in full panic. I was telling her everything I knew, breathe, calm down, it'll hurt if you're panicked. But nothing worked. So, finally, another nurse came in and we RESTRAINED Maggie and gave her the shots. She bawled. It was ridiculous. She continued crying in the car while I talked her through calming breaths. All night she kept telling me how her arm still hurts and she can barely use it.

In the evening, I got a text from the basset rescue that Puddles has an application. Someone wants to adopt her! They asked me to call the lady tomorrow!
Wednesday

Maggie inquired whether she would be forced to attend school today, what with her grievous arm injury. My eyes hurt from rolling. I'm trying to remind myself that Maggie is very sensitive and, to her, this probably is a big deal and I shouldn't be an asshole about it. And I'm not! But on the inside, oh my God.

I talked to the lady who wants to adopt Puddles. She has another senior basset, a boy, named Solo. Oh my buttercup. I'll miss her but this is the point of fostering.

I got the girls right after school and we just hung out at the house. They took a shower together and it's so cute. Maggie still really likes to play and I think playing with Ruby is fun for her, even if she won't admit it.

I updated all my through the years albums. I was looking at the NYE one with Ruby and the first year is 2007/2008. So it's just me and Richard. I told Ruby, I didn't know it yet but Maggie was already in my tummy. Ruby said, yeah. . . and I'm in Daddy's tummy.
Thursday

Maggie called me from her school at 10 something. She said, Mom, my class party starts in five minutes, can you come? I told her no, I was working. So she asked if someone else could come. I told her probably ten people could have come, but no one can come on five minutes notice. She must have known or gotten some paper or something to give me and I would have come.

When I picked her up, she wanted to go to the movies. I felt guilty (even though it was her fault!) so we went. We saw the second Jumanji movie. Ruby was not too interested. She ran around the theater (which, thank goodness, was almost empty), but Maggie and I enjoyed it.
Friday

Ruby had her last day at school. We didn't go until late. Maggie slept in and Ruby and I just kinda puttered. I drank coffee and she played and ate and watched Sesame Street.

Maggie went to Nana and Gran's. I had to have an electrician come out to put in the outlet for the stove. It turns out there are only three wires in that area that run to the box thing and all outlets are supposed to be four prong. It's quite expensive to add a wire so they used a box that acts like a converter. Unfortunately that means the stove isn't grounded. Hopefully that's okay. 

Saturday

Ruby's cough has been back off and on. It's not horrible but jeez. I usually only hear it when she's laying down (poor thing). 

We watched Marvel movies which was quite fun. I don't think we did anything else.

Sunday

Ruby and I continued watching Marvel movies. She isn't really interested in TV at all. She'll watch for a minute or two and then wander off and do something else. 

Maggie eventually came home. She likes the Marvel movies but only once they are actually on. 

Oh! I forgot. Puddles. So they did a home study for the lady who wants to adopt Puddles and it went great. She lives in Oklahoma and she's going to drive down on Friday to get Puddles. My baby!

This is her new family.

No comments:

Post a Comment