Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Son of a nutcracker!

Friday

Much better night. Ruby insisted on going to bed pretty early last night but she slept until almost regular time. She is not respecting the green light. But I think she's really hungry because she's mostly refusing to eat any dinner. So. . .

My back is feeling better, but the muscles in my hips and upper back are so tight, I'm sure from compensating for the injury. I decided to get a massage and they added Rapid Tension Relief, which is a thing that punches your muscles and gets them to release and then they do the massage. It was amazing. I'm still sore but it's definitely getting much better. Fingers crossed.

I got the girls at regular time and we just hung out. Maggie was being mean and light dawned on me that she's had way more screen time than regular due to my ridiculous back. So I immediately turned everything off and told her we were going on another hiatus.

I put Ruby to bed and Melinda, Laurie's babysitter, came right after. I went out to have dinner with Laurie, Jeff, Ashley, and Cam for Laurie's birthday. We had a great time.



Maggie seemed to have had a good time with Melinda as well.

Saturday

I let Maggie sleep in and Ruby and I got up at regular time. Well, Ruby woke up a few minutes early and I got up and then, again, light dawned, and I thought wait, no, she doesn't get out until her light is green. So I ignored her until her light was green. I reminded her about her light and that she cannot come out until it is on and, if she does, she can play a game on my phone.

We watched Frozen and did this and that. I had to work for a little while. When I got home, Ruby and I walked the dogs. In the afternoon, I let everyone watch screens so I could take a nap. Then Maggie insisted she was bored and wanted to go somewhere. We went to the library first. Maggie loves the library. She always gets several books and just loves going.

After that we stopped at the grocery store and I let them each pick out a box of candy for a movie night. After that we went to the park for a while. They made friends and ran like crazy. I walked the whole time. It's got to be helping. . . right?

Then we went home. I made popcorn and we watched The Santa Clause. When I put Ruby to bed, I reminded her (AGAIN) about her light and that I will not come in there before it's on. I've also been putting a granola bar in there in case she's hungry.

I was going to read to Maggie, but all she wanted to do was read her library books.

Sunday

Ruby did not make a sound until her light turned green! Woohoo!!! We exercised and walked the dogs while Maggie slept in. Then we all got ready and went to church. I got mixed up on the time so we were late, which oh my goodness! After, I made the girls some popcorn and made soup to go in the crockpot. Then we watched Elf. I love that movie.

I had asked Laurie and Jeff if they wanted to hang out today but they were busy. But then Ella and Maggie got on the FB thing and begged and I guess more begging happened and eventually I got a text from Jeff asking if we wanted to meet up for dinner (Laurie was heading out of town). I was in sweatpants and Jeff was in pj's but we soldiered on and put on pants and met up.

The girls were crazy. Like they've never seen each other. Never been in public. And haven't eaten in days. But nobody broke anything or got kicked out or choked. Winning.


Ruby went straight to bed when we got home. Maggie and I played Moose in the House and then read some Harry Potter.


No comments:

Post a Comment