Monday, December 2, 2019

Ah, my back!

Monday

Ruby slept in. I woke up when my watch buzzed and didn't hear anything from her. I thought I would let her sleep. I let the dogs out and just waited. Finally, at an hour, I couldn't wait. I had to go check on her. She was awake. Her green light (that tells her she's allowed to get up) only stays on for 30 minutes past wake up time. She slept longer than that and it had turned back off. She was a little confused. What a good girl though!


I took her to school and let Maggie sleep in. You have to be careful with Maggie. She will gladly stay up all night and sleep all day. I don't like sleeping too late too often and, of course, Ruby does not sleep in. Not really.
While I was working out this morning, I told Maggie that no one had even inquired about adopting Puddles. Maggie said, that's because she's fat and ugly. Which, okay, no, she's freaking gorgeous. And svelte, she's lost 14 pounds. That's a lot for a short little dog.

Puddles is limping today. I tried to take her on her walk but I brought her back. She's moving very slowly today and sleeping a lot. Poor old lady. And then with the insults she has to hear!

Maggie wanted to go the library. When we got there, she asked if she could get her own library card. The librarian helped her and I let her answer all the questions. It was quite cute.

We went and got Ruby next. Then we went home and ate lunch. During lunch, Ruby said, oh I eat my cheek. I said, oh did you bite it? She said, yes, sometimes I eat my tongue and it hurts.

After lunch, we went to the Fort Worth Botanic Garden. We got stopped walking in and told we had to buy tickets. I didn't remember that you had to pay. Oh well, it goes towards conservation. It was great. It's so beautiful. We saw the garden where Laurie and Jeff got married. We went to the Japanese gardens. We saw two weddings. On a Monday!

At night, I started feeling bad. My neck hurt so bad. It was strange, I can't think of anything I might have done to hurt it. I went to bed pretty early.

Tuesday

When Ruby woke up, I was still so tired. I got her ready and took her to school. Then I came home and went back to sleep! I feel so much better. I still don't know what was wrong but oh well.

Maggie's glasses were missing in the morning. She insisted Ruby must have stolen them. Because I was so tired, I genuinely was unsure. We found them in the glasses case in the kitchen. She swears she didn't put them there, but man, I have a hard time believing Ruby stole them and put them in such a reasonable place.

I had to write a paper today so Maggie played on the computer until her time was up and then.  .  . communicated with Ella over the phone. They use stuff I don't know about. Skype, maybe. Kids FB messenger. It's very strange.

When we got Ruby I asked her if she had picked up Maggie's glasses. She said, welllllll (which I knew meant yes). It turns out she saw them on Maggie's side table and thought they were lost, so she picked them up, found her glasses case, and put them in there so they wouldn't be lost. Which is entirely reasonable. It's like she a human and not a firecracker/hurricane.

The girls had a dentist appointment. This would be Ruby's first. She was worried it would hurt but I told her it will be just like when we see Dr. Roopani, they are just checking on her teeth. Maggie went by herself to get everything done and I stayed with Ruby. She did great. They were concerned one tooth might have the beginning of a cavity so they want me to brush extra carefully and recheck in six months.



Maggie told the hygienist she doesn't brush her teeth in the morning! I'm so annoyed. I used to watch her every morning but Ruby is actually incapable of getting ready without help, so I trusted Maggie to do those things herself and she wasn't. Which means every morning when I asked, did you brush your teeth and hair, she was lying to me. I'll go back to watching her again.

The natural (and completely un-surprising) consequence is that she has two cavities and plaque build up on the back of her teeth. She was sad and swore she would be better about brushing. We have to go back next week to do whatever they do to cavities.

We had planned on seeing Frozen 2 today and I told Ella to tell her mother. Of course her mother is still sick so Ella (smart girl that she is) thought to message her Dad. He texted me and we coordinated a time and place to take all four girls.

I had to go back to the chiropractor. My back is killing me. What did I do???? And why is it not getting better??? I have a whole list of things I'm going to try (preventative measures) once it's better. Fingers crossed.

There was a dog at the chiropractor. The lady had a badge that said something about seeing eye dogs, like that the lady was a trainer. The dog looked like a slightly bigger LaRue, not at all like a seeing eye dog. I don't know. They let Ruby pet her and she was such a good girl. I usually hate taking her anywhere but she is so much better. She's truly becoming. . . not a menace.

Frozen 2 was good. The girls were great. They all ate and sat and weren't too loud. Fantastic.

At one point, I kept seeing something go across the screen and I could not figure it out. I kept looking and I could swear something was flying in the theater. I thought maybe a toy or something, but no, it was a bird or a bat. Poor thing. It was gone after a few minutes. Hopefully it found a way out.

As we were leaving, Jill walked into another aisle and appeared to drink from a completely random cup. I asked her and she said, no I was just looking. Jeff and I were laughing our heads off. Just looking?

Oh! I forgot. Maggie has been selected to help tutor second graders in math. I'm so proud. She is such an awesome kid.

Wednesday

My back! Oh my. It was so bad we couldn't go to the pre-TG dinner at Luby's. I had to ask Grandpa to pick up Ruby from daycare. Oh I hurt so bad. I tried to walk and stretch as much as possible, but that was not much. I was just in so much pain.

Thursday

I was determined to get to Thanksgiving at Aunt Susie/Mamaw's house no matter what. I actually had to go in sweatpants and flip flops because I could not put on regular shoes. We had a very nice time. Aunt Susie gave me a big ice pack and then let me use her heating pad for about 30 minutes each and that helped a lot.




No comments:

Post a Comment