Monday, November 23, 2020

2020 is the worst!

My anxiety is really bad lately. I've gone on a news break since it's been clear Biden won (thank effing god) but things are truly scary.

Last night the superintendent of Maggie's school sent out an email. It read that hospitals are 86% capacity and ICUs are at 93% capacity. Then, I sh!t you not, the SUPERINTENDENT of her school, begged parents to consider virtual learning if you can. Just typing that out again brings tears to my eyes. This is insane. 

I just keep thinking about how bad things were after Memorial Day and after the fourth of July and what is going to happen after Thanksgiving. 

And I can't keep us home. Unless schools close I have to go and I have to send my kids. 

So, the above, was written Friday night or maybe Saturday morning. Then, last night, I broke my toe. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the kittens was outside and Ruby and Sav were out there too. And Ruby said Sav was scaring the kitten and she was afraid so I went and got her and Sav was jumping and going crazy. I'm not sure what happened. I just felt pain and looked down and my toe was completely perpendicular to my other toes. I have never seen that on my body. It's very disorienting. I put the toe back and it felt very loose so I used a bandage to attach it to the toe next to it.

I'm going back and forth now because I'm not sure. On the one hand, I cannot imagine my toe pointing that direction and not being broken. But it's not that bad. I can't walk without Ibuprofen but, if I'm not moving it or trying to walk, it doesn't hurt that bad. It's badly bruised and swollen but not awful. I don't know. Fingers crossed it heals quickly because running is my therapy and, if I can't run, I'm going to lose my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment