Monday, January 15, 2024

Fall-ish 2023

 Luna! This dog is so sweet! I loved her so much. I understood all those ridiculous small dog owners. I wanted to put her in a purse and carry her around and force everyone to admire her. 

She was a mess. She had really nasty wounds (THAT WOULD NOT HEAL) on her shoulder and rear. She tested positive for heartworms. Her teeth were nasty. And she could get out of our yard!
Ella took these pictures when we all met up for dinner one night. I LOVE these pictures!!!
Those glasses!!!

I love these girlies so much!

Honey Bear has finally lost weight! She can jump a little. She can get up on my chair with me. She's got so much energy. I mean, sort of, for her. She's still a Bassett. 
Halloween! Ruby was a skeleton. In further evidence that Ruby has never met a stranger: she talked to everyone we saw so much that more than once Dad asked me, how do you know them? And every time the answer was, we don't. 










Look at those little guys! We saw them at the vaccinations clinic. There's 3 of them and one only has 3 legs. 


She's so svelte she can lay on her belly again!

So, Luna. After multiple weeks of trying to heal her wounds, the vet decided they would have to be surgically fixed. Unfortunately, she kept getting out of our yard. I called a handyman and got someone to come out and fix all the areas she could be getting out. The guy came and did the work and I contacted our behind us neighbor (where she would go to and then get out of their yard to the street!) to tell us. And, not 15 minutes later, she texted me back that Luna was in her yard. I just realized it was a safety issue so she had to go to another foster home. Heart breaking. I loved her so much. But she's doing so well. 


Ruby's ability to sit still is very low. Poor Erin!
Sadie's birthday party. At the party, I was sitting next to a stranger (a mom). We could see the kids in the gym area. All the kids (except Ruby) were lined up for something. The lady next to me said, look at them all like little ducks. . . except Ruby. And I was surprised because I didn't know her and I guess I said something and she said, oh I sub at Mary Moore and I've been her sub teacher before. Ruby knows absolutely everyone! She's freaking Norm at Cheers. 

Our newest foster, Cardi. She's a baby, only 7 months or so. 


No comments:

Post a Comment