Tuesday, August 27, 2024

End of August

 Ruby is now a big third grader. She actually has three teachers. Her homeroom teacher is her ELA teacher. Then she also has a math teacher and a science and social studies teacher. Sadie is in her class again so she's very excited about that! 

On a Sunday, I woke up and immediately noticed my throat was swollen. I walked out into the living room and one of the dogs had thrown up. Then I realized two dogs were missing. Then I saw one of my stupid (not Buddy!) cats brought a DEAD RAT into my house!!! 

I took ibuprofen, cleaned the vomit, and then I had to figure out the rat. I offered Ruby money to put it in a box but she changed her mind once she actually saw it. Then I sat there for a few minutes trying to decide if there was anyway possible that I could not be the one to pick it up. Then I devised a system using bags, a broom, and a box and it's gone. 

Eventually the dogs came back but I had to contact a handyman to come out that day to fix my fence. 

My throat hurt again the next day. That day I thought it was a sinus infection but it was worse on Tuesday. Gwen and I were supposed to go to see The Terminator that night but I spiked a fever. At that point, Gwen and Laurie said I needed to test for Covid and I had it! The girls never got it. It was gross. I felt so gross. As far as I know, that's the first time I've had it. 

I got my CPAP machine. It's definitely getting better. It's very hard to get used to. I've been using it about 10 days and I've only had one jump up and run around episode. 

I haven't been able to watch the Olympics for years. I had Peacock last time but it was only clips and hard to navigate. This year, I borrowed Laurie's Peacock login and I'm obsessed again!!! I remember why I love the Olympics so much. Ruby told me, Mom, this is a lot of Olympics. 

The movie theater we go to had a special of 1984 movies. I was in heaven. Unfortunately, I got Covid at the beginning. I missed the Terminator, which breaks my heart! I'll never get another chance to see it on the big screen and I LOVE that movie. We saw Ghostbusters, which was so fun, and Footloose. I had so much fun at Footloose. Ruby turned to me at one point and said, mom, I don't think I like this movie. Insane! Maggie enjoyed it. 

Ruby almost started a fire! She wanted to make noodles. Basically the dried noodles and spices are in a Styrofoam cup and you add water and cook in the microwave. Ruby forgot the step of adding water. Thankfully, we were playing cards in the living room so I smelled something and ran in and stopped the microwave. It smelled AWFUL!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment