Monday, August 26, 2024

Another school year. . .

 Let's see. . . the school year started. As of the first day of school, Maggie still wasn't in her Lit Mag class. She (ON HER OWN!) went and found the teacher who runs the magazine and teaches the class and asked her to help Maggie fix, which she did. I was very proud. In fairness, first I had to refuse to come get her because her morning had been so hard, but after that, she took charge!

She also decided she does want to stay in Theater 2. Further, she wants to go with them to NYC this fall. I said, sorry, I can't get that together with such little notice but if she stays involved with Theater, I will let her go her junior and senior years. 

She applied for her first job! She got an immediate denial, I'm guessing because you have to be at least 16 and it just automatically kicked her out. We'll try again next month. She wants to work at Studio Movie Grill because her friend works there. 

The other day she came and got me and told me there was a HUGE lizard in her bathroom and could I come get it. I went in there and saw nothing. So, I got down and still couldn't see anything. Then she got down and said there it is but I still couldn't see it. I thought she might be pranking me, like how long could she keep me on the bathroom floor insisting there was something there. Eventually, I said just tell me if you see it again. She went and got her phone and took a picture. It was this tiny little guy and he was kinda up and on the back of the inside of the cabinet. 

I usually can't get Maggie until 4 pm. One day she decided to try to walk home. She got about 1/2 a mile and kinda freaked out. I left as soon as I could and got her. She was bright red and as soon as she got in the car, she told me, thank you so much for driving me to and from school, that was awful. She is so funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment