Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thursday


Maggie was so excited this morning because she knew today was tumbling day. She was excited to get dressed, eat, everything. It was quite cute.

We got to tumbling class a bit early and she played with a few other little girls. Finally she went in. I was able to see most of this class although from quite a distance. They started with stretching. Then they did a backwards bear crawl across the mat and Maggie totally cheated! I guess she thought they were racing so when no one was looking, she stood up and ran across the mat and yelled, "I did it!" I couldn't tell if she got caught. Stinker. 

Then they practiced somersaults. Maggie can do these quite easily so she was proud. They also jumped on trampolines and jumped off mats. Everything she did, she did with flair. She was so excited just to be there. She was jumping around and doing the exercises even after the teacher had moved on. In fact when class ended every other child came running to their mom but Maggie. I had to go get her to get her to leave the gym. 

A few hours later, at home, I wanted her to start reading. She seemed very reluctant and said she wanted to do an easier lesson. She had a hard time with it today. She wouldn't really sound the words out so she couldn't tell what word she was reading. I was super helpful by yelling at her and threatening to put the book away and make her sit on the floor. I know, I know, but I didn't get any coffee this morning and I was irrationally angry. :(

After I apologized to her, she said, "Mommy, you were kinda grumpy." Yes, I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment