Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Honeybear and other stuff

 Honey is our new foster. I wanted to get a friend for Millie and she just came to us. She's about the same age as Millie, about one and a half or so. I picked her up right before the ridiculous weather. She is very cute. When I first got her, one of the other volunteers from my foster texted me that she had fostered Honey's mother. Then another texted me she had her sister. It turns out she comes from a backyard breeder. They still have Honey's grandmother and father. Honey was supposed to be the next cash cow but she's unable to get pregnant. They tried for over a year and it never happened so they let her go to us. Ironically, she still needs to be fixed. 

Look at those meaty paws.
She struggles with jumping so the dog door is hard for her. I made her a little step and that's really helped. 




I don't think she had ever seen a cat before because she was shocked by mine. She was standing in my room staring at Buddy and he turned and looked at her and she ran away. Now she just mostly barks at them and occasionally chases them. They figured out pretty quickly she is not a threat.
Oh yeah, they sent me two different colors. Ha! Hopefully I'll get the correct color soon.

That's Ruby. Ruby plays this game where she's the mommy. She wears my watch but then she only uses this mint julep southern accent. It's so funny. If I call her honey or sweetie, she says, I'm yo' Mama, girl! It's so funny. 


Gah! Look at those wrinkles.
Ruby was playing her game yesterday and started telling me this insane story. I told her, I love your stories, and she told me, I'm going to tell you stories every day, girl!

Then she said something was expensive and I asked her, what does expensive mean? Her answer? It's when people turn into owls. 


No comments:

Post a Comment