Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Recently

 Monday

I forgot to tell this story: when Ruby was first getting the melatonin, I couldn't figure out how she was doing it. So, I asked her and she said, "Magic." Very helpful.

Ruby was up, for the day, by 4:45 am, which is very rude. Maggie told me she wanted to go over to friend's house after school and she wanted to me to pick her up from there when I got home. But when I got there, she didn't want to leave yet. I told her she could stay another 45 minutes. Ruby was bereft. She begged me to let her go get a mask and come back and play with them. Oh she cried and it broke my heart.

Unsurprisingly, Ruby was grumpy on account of being so tired. Maggie got home on time but she had her friend walk with her and now the friend had to walk home alone. She has a cell phone but still. . . 

I put Ruby to bed at normal time but she was back up by 7ish. I went in there several times and she said, I want to sleep in your bed, Mommy, I promise I will be quiet. But, unfortunately, she just won't. She wiggles and wakes up. And, as if that weren't enough, she roams. Let's not forget the time she went outside sometime in the middle of the night (through the dog door) and I only know because she told me!

Tuesday

This morning, I had to go in Ruby's room and wake her up! at 7 am! and she asked if she could sleep a little longer! Crazy. Maybe all of her sleep craziness is cured and she won't be ridiculous anymore. Maybe. . . 

I picked up Maggie from her friend's house after school. I don't want Aliyah to have to walk back home after walking Maggie home. Maggie wants us all to go to the park together this weekend. 

Ruby woke up again a little while after she'd gone to bed, about an hour or so later. I gave her benadryl and she bawled that she wanted an apple. I had already given her yogurt because she said she was hungry. She's ridiculous. And 5! She is five years old. 

I ordered a lock box for medications. I'm not too worried about the melatonin but there are other meds she could possibly get into and I'd rather be safe than sorry. Ruby! 

Wednesday

It's Friday and man, I don't even know.

Thursday

I had a meeting (virtual) so Ruby watched her show and was good. After she went to bed, Maggie wanted to talk to me. We talked for almost an hour about so much stuff. Oh, and we did the night before too. She is so fun to talk to. It's different but good.

Friday

Ruby came and got in the shower with me this morning. She told me, Mama, you know how you have big farts? Ha! But I said sure kid. She said, my teacher has big farts too. I told her, I've got news kid: everyone farts and poops. She thought for a minute and said, does everyone go pee pee too? 

No comments:

Post a Comment