Wednesday, September 28, 2022

We play grandmother

 Ruby has a new friend in our neighborhood, Mikey. They play every chance they get. They ride bikes, run around, play Minecraft. He comes and knocks on the door and says, can Ruby play? When I have to tell him she has homework or chores first, he gets so sad. He's a sweet kid. He's a 2nd grader at Mary Moore.

I was dropping off Ruby at school and she saw a girl and gasped. I asked, is that your friend? And Ruby said, no, she's in my class. . . well, we play grandmother. Ha!

Maggie's been very busy with band stuff. She went to a Rangers game. I was late picking her up because they arrived early and, I guess, my phone has a setting where non-contacts don't ring during sleep time. So, I woke up to Laurie calling because they'd called her. Oops. She went to a big thing last night where all the high schools and UTA band all played. 

Maggie's also been struggling with her classes. She has trouble remembering what's due and when and forgetting about stuff. Not surprising for a kid with ADHD but something we need to work on. 



No comments:

Post a Comment