Saturday, June 22, 2024

Updates and old pictures

I realized me brushing Ruby's teeth was dumb. Am I going to brush her teeth in college? So, instead, I just watch her and time her and tell her when to switch quadrants. So, fingers crossed. 

Smiley had her health certificate vet appointment this morning so she is good to travel. She leaves on Thursday. 

I'm doing research on Parkinson's (trying to do not too much) but just around preventing or slowing the progression. So far I've only added more exercise. I added more cardio. I'm walking with a 30 pound vest at least five days a week and running sprints five times a week. I've upped my strength too. I'm aiming for 2-3 hours a week with heavy lifting. I've also added more yoga. I was mainly doing it for stretching but Parkinson's research says balance work is very important. I found videos on youtube and I've been doing them daily to try to regularly work on balance, flexibility, etc. The Michael J. Fox organization says you can't do too much balance work. 

I also have to start wearing glasses all the time. The doctor said my eye is supposed to see in one part of my eye but it's happening in a different part and my eye has to move it to where it's supposed to be. As I get older, it gets harder for my eye to do that. So, there you have it. She said I have to start with a lesser prescription than I need because she said it would be too hard for my eyes to change that quickly. She said hopefully by next year I can have the full prescription. She said even with this prescription I'll have headaches and it will take at least 1-2 weeks to get used to wearing them. Getting old is not for the faint of heart!





























No comments:

Post a Comment