Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Updates

 Ruby and I had to drop off some mail at a mailbox. She wanted to know what I was mailing. I told her I had to mail the physical script for the dogs' heartworm preventative and I said, how stupid, what is this 1985? Then I turned to her and said, you know? And she just said, no. It was very funny but maybe you had to be there. 

She got in the car on Thursday and I asked her how her day had been and she told me it had been a very unfair day. I said oh how so. She told me her group had to wait for the other group but then the other group got to stay an extra 15 minutes. Then all the other kids bought candy and she was the only one who didn't get any. Well. . . her and Ainsley. And she couldn't remember the third thing but there had been one. 

Maggie's scores for STAAR came in. She took Algebra, Biology, and English 1. These are end-of-course exams, meaning you can't get credit for the course unless you also pass the test. For Algebra, she passed and placed in the 63rd percentile. For Biology, she passed and placed in the 73rd percentile. For English 1, she got masters level and placed in the 92nd percentile!!!!

Millie started acting weird on Thursday. She seemed very scared and didn't touch her breakfast. She kept hiding in my bathroom. I was in there and noticed something strange on her chest/throat area. She had this massive wound. Sort of. There was no trauma or blood but the skin was bright pink and oozing. 

I thought I must be going crazy. How could I have missed that and yet, how could it have gotten that big??? I also noticed she was breathing quickly and kept hiding. Then she wouldn't eat her dinner. The following morning she wouldn't eat her breakfast. I decided something must be really wrong and I took her to the emergency vet. They called it a hot spot. They said it can be caused by all kinds of different things but basically she had allergies or a bug bite or maybe her ears were bothering her and she started scratching it, which would have increased the inflammation of the spot causing it to itch more and on and on. So, it can show up extremely rapidly. 

Millie had her annual vet appointment last Friday and everything was fine! Although her ears were dirty. I was surprised because I do clean the bassets ears regularly or they'll get infected (due to their giant elephant ears). I could tell they thought I was full of it. I cleaned them again when we got home that day. Then right before I took her to emergency vet, I checked her ears and they were filthy again. I cleaned them again. I told the vet about that. 

They decided to clean out her ears and test the stuff they took out. They cleaned that wound, put antibiotics and steroids on it, and gave her an allergy shot. The lady told me Millie's ears were dirtier than any other dog she'd ever seen. Which I had literally cleaned them one week before and that morning! There was infection and yeast in the gunk so they packed her ears with antibiotics as well. 

I took her home and got her a big bowl of wet food and she ate it!!! She's taking antibiotics and I'm using hydrogen peroxide to keep the wound clean. Now, pretty much, we just wait and see if it heals. They had wanted to do x-rays (to see if she had eaten something that was causing her not to eat) and blood work to try to figure out the problem. I said let's do all that other stuff (which still cost $600!!!) and I'd do the other stuff if that didn't work. 

Ruby's friend Sadie's mom sent me the picture above. I'm pretty sure this was from the park after Casa Manana. 
There's so much mud!!!
Ruby's orbeez
Ella and her awards!
Little Maggie
Honey Bear!!!
Mud!!!

That's Casa Manana.


Ruby's Field Day
Maggie basically accused me of identity fraud
Me walking with my 30 pound vest
Ruby graduated 2nd grade!!! From her teacher, she got the Cursive Master award. She said Ruby had worked extra hard to learn to write in cursive. I can attest to that. She would get in bed with her dry erase board and ask me to write certain letters or words so she could practice. 

Maggie got this package in recognition of being invited to take Advanced Web Design next year.
This is game day on the last day of school

This kid keeps losing teeth
This is her schedule for her first week of camp
This mural was on the wall at the vet I took Millie to
Look at Honey Bear's little bootie!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment