Saturday, March 24, 2012

March 24, 2012

I feel like no matter how often I write here, I'm always forgetting so many things she says and does, which makes me so sad. But that's life, I guess I just have to do what I can.

This morning Maggie was grabbing at her toosh and pubic area a lot. She's been very into self-exploration lately so I didn't think much about it. A while later I took her to the bathroom (which she's been very resistant about lately) and she told me it hurt when she went tee tee. RED SIGN! So, already I'm thinking I'll be calling the doctor first thing on Monday. Then the grabbing becomes scratching, deep scratching. Again when I took her to the bathroom, she says oh mommy, my heiny itches so bad. We immediately went to lay down for a nap and she was scratching hard and I could tell she was uncomfortable.

As soon as we got up, I called her doctor to get the nurse line. I told the nurse all that and she said to take her to urgent care, which surprised me but I did it.

On the way to the urgent care place, a motorcycle drove past us at a light and Maggie said, "Mommy, that motorcycle sounds like my toots." I laughed so hard. Damn, my kid is funny.

So we get to the urgent care place and everything was so slow. They did vitals, which took forever because Maggie couldn't hold still (or more likely didn't really understand). They finally had to put something on her toe.

After a while we got a room. The nurse came in and I told her again what was going on. She put bracelets on Maggie and me. Maggie decided to tell her that sometimes she puts her finger in her rear and then it smells bad. So, that was fun. Then, after another long while, the doctor came in. I told her the story again and she checked Maggie. She didn't see anything but she wanted a urine sample.

Oh my Lord, have you ever tried to get a urine sample from a 3 1/2 year old??? Insane. We had the "hat" that you just set in the toilet and she pees normally but she just couldn't. We went 3 times and finally the third time I said we are not leaving the bathroom until you pee. And let me tell you, I promised her the moon. A toy, cookies for dinner, anything.

Finally we got a sample and I was so happy but not like Maggie was happy. She ran down the hallway yelling, I did it, I did it.

I took the sample to the nurses' station and asked if I give it to them and the lady was like no you just keep it in your room and we'll come get it. Then she asked me what room I was in. So I go back to the room and just put it on the floor. Then like over an hour later, the doctor pops her head in and says, No luck on the urine sample? And I said no we got it. She looked at me like I was crazy so I felt the need to explain. So annoying.

Then forever later, they came back and said urine is fine. So no yeast or UTI but maybe pinworms. Guess how you check for that? You wake up 3 consecutive nights at 3 or 4 am to look in her anus for the worms (they come out at night) and inspect her poop. Yea!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment