Monday, January 25, 2016

Monday, Monday

Sleep, glorious sleep! We definitely slept better last night. Hooray! Ruby and I were up at normal time. We did our usual tummy time and exercise. Then I made some all purpose cleaner wipes and cleaned out and washed the diaper bag. Then we settled for a nurse and nap but didn't get the nap part done. 

A little before 8 we went upstairs and woke up Maggie. I got dressed and ready while Maggie got dressed and brushed her teeth. Then I brushed Maggie's hair and we made the bed. We all went downstairs and I put Ruby in the moby and got her to sleep. Then I nagged Maggie through her morning list. Not like we do it every freaking morning or anything. I did this week's school work for one of my three classes. I hate school but I'm proud of myself. 

When Ruby woke up, we headed to the kitchen. I made breakfast and cleaned the kitchen. While we ate, we read about farming in ancient China. Ruby was past wanting to go back to sleep so as soon as I finished reading, I took her back to the living room to get her down. 

Once Ruby woke up, we started school work. Maggie got frustrated with putting a card in an envelope and went into a rage. I feel for her. While I've had a pretty good handle on my temper for about 10 years, I used to have quite the temper. It makes life very difficult. Ironically the only thing that can make me lose my temper these days is Maggie. I'm going to work on practicing some calming strategies. I've been having her meditate daily to help with that but I think we could also use some in the moment strategies. 

After we finished reading and writing, we had lunch and read about ancient Africa. Then Ruby wanted to nurse and nap. Once she was asleep, we did Maggie's math and started our first Kiwi crate. We made Pom Pom prizes. 

Just as I was telling Maggie to get ready for karate and she was giving her Pom Pom a trim, she cut her finger. She yelled oh I can't go to karate. Insert eye roll. We put a band aide on it but I got a long talk about how she'll just do her best. She told us stories the whole drive to karate. About kitties and puppies and an electric fence. 

We got to karate, where another kid was selling Girl Scout cookies. When did GS cookies become such a thing. I don't remember hearing anything about them until social media came along. I don't think I've ever even eaten them before. It's so funny. Maggie was thrilled. She said in karate instructor bob chased them with a bat and they had to fight him. Best description ever. She told me we need to practice at home. Ha!

It occurred to me that her birthday and Christmas are a long way away. I need to figure out what I'm going to do about the game console. I could get it for her now and just have it be her birthday present but that's so early. But I really want her to understand that big items like this don't just appear. Lots to think about. 

After we got home we ate dinner and just chilled out. I gave sweet Ruby a bath then headed upstairs, where Maggie took her bath. Today has been a really great day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment