Sunday, January 24, 2016

Week in the Life: Sunday

I didn't post yesterday because we really didn't do much. I was so tired. I think maybe Ruby isn't sleeping as well as I thought. I have felt so tired the past few days and have fallen asleep before Maggie's bedtime. I think I'm going to move Maggie's bedtime earlier since Ruby usually sleeps for a couple of hours before we go to sleep. 

Today we woke up at normal time. Maggie started crying in her sleep so I woke her up to calm her down but she wanted to stay up. We all went downstairs. Ruby did tummy time, Maggie kinda played with her, and I exercised. After that we all settled on the couch for Ruby to nurse and nap. When she woke up we headed to the kitchen. Maggie sat at the table and drew, Ruby jumped in her bouncy seat, and I cooked breakfast and cleaned the kitchen. 

During breakfast we read about the first writing in ancient China. Then Ruby and I went back to the couch for nurse and nap. Maggie continued drawing. 

When Ruby woke up we headed upstairs and got ready for the day. Then we went to the grocery store. As soon as we got home, Ruby wanted to nurse and nap. Maggie finally finished her morning list. Then we started school work. 

After school work, I cooked a big batch of spaghetti and meat sauce. We ate lunch and talked. As soon as we finished we left for Mamaw's house. Mamaw, Aunt Susie, Gran Gene, Grandpa, Joann, and Ella were there. We had a very nice visit. Ruby loves people so she was happy and smiling and kicking her little feet. 



We left around 5 and came home. I started a big batch of chili. Yum!! Then Ruby and I settled on the couch for a nurse and nap. Once Ruby woke up, the chili still had to simmer for another 20 minutes so I put Ruby in her seat and cleaned the kitchen again. Once the chili was done, we ate it for dinner. Maggie and I talked about buying her a game console (PlayStation, Xbox). I told her they are very expensive and might have to be from multiple people and that she could use her savings to help pay for it. I looked into it before and just felt like it was too expensive when I wasn't sure she would like it. But she's played them at her friends' house and liked it. I'll have to do more research. 

After dinner we went upstairs. Maggie took a bath while I got ready for bed. I read Goodnight Moon and sang You are my Sunshine to Ruby. Then we went to sleep. 





No comments:

Post a Comment