Monday, January 18, 2016

Week in the Life: Monday

We slept in this morning after going to see Star Wars last night. We weren't downstairs until 7:30. I put Ruby on her mat for tummy time and I did yoga. 

Maggie was already awake so I stayed downstairs and cleaned and made coffee. Then I got Ruby and she nursed and took her morning nap. 

When Maggie came down she asked if she could make herself fruit kebabs for breakfast. :)  My little chef. She did her morning list, which is brushing her hair and teeth, getting dressed, feeding the cats, picking up her toys, wiping down the coffee table, and practicing scales on the piano. 

After a little while we went back upstairs, cleaned a bit, and got ready for the day. 

We went to pick up groceries around noon. On our way we picked up mail and dropped off goodwill donations. We came home, unloaded the groceries, put everything away, and headed back out for Ruby's four month appointment. 

Poor Ruby was so tired from all the running around so thankfully she slept in the car. 

The appointment was pretty typical. Ruby weighs 11 pounds, 4 ounces, which is the third percentile. She is 24" long, which is the 30th percentile. She also got two shots which she was a total trooper about. 
We were supposed to go home, eat a quick snack, and leave for karate. But we ended up in horrible traffic due to an accident so we didn't even get home until it was time for us to leave. 

So instead I made Maggie a snack of bacon (she usually has it for breakfast). I also made up a batch of chili. Yummy! Ruby nursed and napped and was generally happy and super energetic. 

Maggie and I had chili for dinner and she actually liked it. A miracle! We read about pyramids in Story of the World. 

I left Maggie to watch Ruby while I ran upstairs to potty before we left. I came back down to this.  
Oh my goodness. What can I even say...

After we went to Ruby's and my chiropractor appointment. That went well. Maggie loves Dr. Terry's daughter so it's fun for everyone. 

By this point, Ruby was done. She screamed most of the way home, only to fall asleep 2 minutes before we got there. So when I woke her up to get her out of the car, she started crying again. I finally got her back down and her Dad came over. It woke her up and it was even harder to get her down. Ugh poor baby. 

So now we're in bed. Maggie is about to take a bath and then she'll watch her kindle in bed until her bedtime at 9:30. 

Other than Ruby getting so upset at the end, we had a pretty good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment