Friday, January 22, 2016

Week in the Life: Friday

Ruby slept well last night. Thank the lord. We got up at normal time and Maggie got up too. Weird. We all came downstairs and Maggie did her morning list, Ruby did her tummy time, and I exercised. Then Maggie snacked and watched cartoons while Ruby and I did our morning nurse and nap. 

After a nice long nap for Ruby, we got up and headed to the kitchen. I had Maggie unload the dishwasher. This was met with... shock, disdain, and disapproval. "Why do I have to do your chores?" Hmmm... we're having lots of talks about how we're a family and we all have to contribute to keep our home and lives running smoothly. I've definitely not pushed this before. It is infinitely easier for me to empty the dishwasher, clean the kitchen, and so on. But she needs responsibilities and high expectations to meet. 

After she finished with the dishwasher, I cleaned the kitchen, prepped a green soup, and made breakfast. We read about the first cities in India while we ate. Then I put the soup on to cook and brought Ruby back to the living room for a nurse and nap. 

I had to start my spring semester today. Ugh. I hate school. 

Once my school work was done, we loaded up and headed out for swim lessons. We switched to Ella's teacher because the place we were going had horrible turnover. Maggie loved it and did quite well. We saw Ella and Grandpa there too. Maggie wanted to stay in the pool after class so we stayed until Ruby got a bit fussy. Once we got home I finished my soup and made Maggie berry oatmeal. 



After lunch we did school work and then did Maggie's cooking lesson. This week she made pink pancakes. It was pretty fun, although she didn't eat much of them but she tore them up and put syrup on all of them so they can't be eaten later. 

Ruby has been so sleepy and it's been difficult for me to get anything done so we had movie night instead of game night. Ruby kicks her little legs constantly when she's awake. It's quite cute. In bed, at night, while she's nursing she kicks one leg up until it's perpendicular to her body then slams it down, over and over. She cannot be still. It cracks me up. I had to adjust her diapers to a bigger size. She's getting so big. 





No comments:

Post a Comment