Friday, October 25, 2019

Ruby is a lot

Thursday

I forgot to write: our pumpkins have already rotted. On Monday (!!!), Maggie said, Mom, why is your pumpkin's nose all gross? So I went and looked and it was filled with mold. It looked like a science experiment. So, alas, goodbye pumpkins. We truly hardly knew ye.

Another night of bad sleep. What can I say? It's the worst.

I work late on Thursdays so Grandpa picked the girls up from school. He took them to McDonald's for dinner and then to Math-o-ween at Maggie's school. They got home around 7 pm full of stories and candy. Ruby went straight to bed. I reviewed the rules about her clock and she said, oh I knocked before it was green this morning. I'm so sorry. I definitely forgive her. Who needs sleep?


I saw a post (a little too late) about how to preserve pumpkins using a bleach solution spray so next year hopefully we won't have to throw them out more than a week BEFORE Halloween.

We still aren't watching any TV and I don't think either girl even notices. Maggie asked if she could watch one cartoon while she ate and I said no and that was it. She's been organizing stuff. She labeled all the drawers in her room and cleaned out her school bag and binder. And reading, of course.

Friday

Ruby and I had breakfast with Maggie. It was COLD this morning.

I am trying to decide whether or not Ruby can do The Nutcracker this year so I thought we would try going to a few movies to get an idea of how she does. I picked the girls up around 3 pm and we went to the Studio Movie Grill to see The Addams Family. I don't think Ruby is ready. At a loud, fun kids movie, where we had food, she was still loud and up and down and all over the place. Maggie went to The Nutcracker at two years old and was great, but they are just very different kids.




We came home and played There's a Moose in the House. After the first few minutes, Ruby started crying and throwing a fit and I rushed her to bed. The fit went on for a while and I finally got her to calm down. I don't know what's going on.

She's had three pee accidents this week at school. All the same. It's nap time and she asking to go to the bathroom over and over again (because she doesn't sleep) and finally, they are saying no and either she really needs to go or she's doing it to get back at them. I don't know. Ruby is a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment