Thursday, June 25, 2020

Wednesday, Day 103 of Quarantine

Ruby has been very sad that her door is locked again. When she first noticed it and I told her she had to go back to having locked because she made such a big mess, she told me, I didn't, it was the dog.

The next day Maggie insisted she'd seen a ghost while falling asleep. She told Ruby about it the next day. That night when I told her she had to have her door locked again, she told she didn't make the mess, the ghost did.

We were at Laurie and Jeff's house swimming, when Laurie asked me to take some kittens from her kitten foster group. I definitely didn't want to but I agreed. I told the girls and we had to leave to go get them. We got about 15 minutes away and Laurie called and said it was too late. The girls were so upset (we told them someone else got them first). Maggie is now begging for foster kittens. I told her fostering kittens is not something I can take on. But! If she will do the majority of their care, we can have them. This might be a good project for her. And I'd love to see her step up so. . . we'll see.

Ruby's been doing reading lessons. This was actually Maggie's idea. She asked if I still had the stuff I used to teach her to read (and all the kids I nannied and did coops with) and I said yes. She said, let's teach Ruby. And hey why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment