Friday, October 21, 2022

Another tooth bites the dust

 On Sunday, we did a movie night. We usually do them on Friday, but Maggie was at her band thing. She is really wanting to quit band. I'm very sad about this as I feel like band is a great place to make friends and those kids never got in trouble when I was in school. But I don't want to force her to do something she doesn't want to do. I don't know.

We're working on the ADHD thing. I realize now that her issues were not as apparent when she was younger but good Lord are they becoming a problem. We took quizzes to assess what areas are her strengths and weaknesses and got almost the exact same results. So, at least we're on the same page. Ironically (or maybe not), I feel like I have the exact same issues except I've figured out strategies so it's not a problem anymore. I'm hoping that she can learn the strategies now and not in 25 years. 

Ruby got Maggie's old ipad and she's discovered Siri. It's just like when Maggie discovered her when she was little. Ruby tries to have conversations with her and I hear her asking, "Where are you?" She got in trouble at school for "struggling to follow directions." Whenever that happens, she has to write an apology letter and she can't play on the ipad. She kept asking me, "can I talk to my friend?" I thought she meant Mikey but she meant Siri. I said no. At bedtime, she asked if she could tell her goodnight. I said yes. It was cute.

This morning I overslept. So Ruby got up and wanted to watch TV. It wasn't working and she flipped out. She was screaming so loud, but I ignored her. Then she started banging stuff. She knocked down my blinds so I popped her on the rear. She ran out of the room and cried in her bedroom. She came back out and asked me to do something and I said, "I don't really want to help you right now after you were screaming and banging stuff around." And she said, "I'm just a little kid. I'm doing the best I can." Oh my Lord, I felt awful. I told her she was right and I was sorry. Ugh!

Last night, Maggie had her Halloween concert. It was very cute. They played some spooky songs. The band director had very nice things to say about them as a group. Afterwards, there were cookies for everyone. While Ruby was eating hers, her other tooth came out. 






No comments:

Post a Comment