Monday, October 24, 2022

Clue

 Maggie is doing really well at working on her executive functioning skills (the ADHD deficits we're trying to target). She's staying after school to finish work or make corrections. She realized she had something missing from two classes so she went to both in one afternoon. I know it sounds little but this is the first time she's taken agency in this. Usually, we go through her grades and I tell her what needs to be done and then which day to go. I was very proud that she took some of it on herself.

She is dead set on quitting band. I guess that's that. I told her she needs to complete this year but she won't be in band in high school. 

I've decided to let her work toward getting a phone. I've told her she needs to have all As and Bs and stop being unkind to Ruby and Ella. She's 14! No more of that. I had already been thinking about getting a phone because I hate not being able to get a hold of her. She often texts me from friend's phones but I'm always nervous when she's away from me and has no way to contact me. 

We had a movie night last night. We watched Clue. It was so much fun. I made the girls a pizza. Ruby is currently sitting next to me and reading over my shoulder. She can't quite get everything but she's getting a lot. Her reading is really coming along. We read three books every day and answer questions about each one. We do two at her current reading level and one on the level above. I'm shocked how good she is. I remember it being that way with Maggie too. It just felt like it exploded one day.

On Saturday, Ella had her birthday party. It was an Alice in Wonderland themed scavenger hunt in downtown Fort Worth. It was apparently a thing because there were a ton of people out there. Lots in costumes. Maggie said she had fun. 

Sunday Ella had a birthday brunch at her Dad's house. That was so fun. The food was delicious. The kids ran around outside for the most part. The neighbor's old corgis passed away and now they have puppy Corgis. They are so cute.

Ruby wanted to watch Clue again but our rental had expired so. . . SHE BOUGHT IT! She had seen me put in the passcode and she just copied it and bought it! Ruby!

No comments:

Post a Comment