Monday, October 10, 2022

Week in the Life: Day 2

 Same morning. Get up, do my morning routine. Ruby slept later today. She's very chatty when she first wakes up and she was telling me about her bath last night and how it was a wreck (which she informed me means it was great). My groceries were finally ready so I went and got them. 

Then, let's see, we went to Target. We needed to get a dress and shoes for Ruby for Aunt Laurie's wedding and a costume. Maggie had a bunch of birthday money she wanted to spend. We were only at Target for about 45 minutes but it felt longer. After that, we went to the MALL! Gross. And the dang store Maggie wanted to go to (Hot Topic) wasn't even open. So, we came home. 

I had Ruby do her reading. We go on the reading program she does at school. There are a million books on her level so we do three of those and one book that's the level above where she's at. Then I had her do her chores. I had Maggie do her chores (all things cat related and putting laundry away) and play her clarinet. I've also been reading her a book about strategies for dealing with ADHD. I'm hoping she can learn some organization, planning, etc through the book. 

After that, we went BACK TO THE MALL! Ridiculous. It was open this time. Maggie got some stuff and got to practice using her debit card. Then we went to the grocery store. I needed kale and I got them more raising cinnamon toast because they both really like it. Also, Maggie wanted dried seaweed, which she and Ruby absolutely devoured so. . . that's cool.

We came back home and Ruby wanted to play with her witch's broom. I checked on her in her room and she was astride the broom on her bed, talking to herself. She's so cute. I worked with Maggie on her room. We've been going through and getting rid, donating, throwing away, putting away, cleaning, etc. 

I took the dogs on a walk. Poor Fat Girl. She's not an athlete. Although, her feet appear to be all better. I haven't been putting her in her boots. I guess it was an injury and not a condition, which is great. 

Ruby has two loose teeth, the bottom middle ones. She is so excited about it and constantly checking in with me about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment